Saturday, July 14, 2007

Party Week!!!

This was one busy fun week! Every day I'd get home and think, "I should write about what we did today!" and every night I'd fall exhausted into bed. So here it is, Saturday night and I've just got to get all this written down. Grab a cup of tea cause this one's going to be long!

Tuesday we went to my parent's house. My dad's sisters and their families from Tennessee and Iowa came to Michigan for the annual July get together. We had a fun time catching up with each other. Some of them hadn't seen Ian at all or not since he was a tiny little guy.
Plus Alison and I went to the Farmer's Market (where my grandma sold tomatoes forever) and got blueberries, cherries, apricots, and cucumbers. Ian loves apricots and blueberries. I haven't tried him with cherries yet, just because of the mess factor. I've either got to strip him or find an outfit that doesn't matter if it has pink spots.
And Tuesday was Dan and I's 8th anniversary. Scary how fast time flies by. Even scarier is that I have known him for twice that long. This November, it will be 15 years since we first met and started dating. Crazy I tell ya!

Wednesday we took Ian to get weighed. He's almost 23 pounds!! Only 2oz shy. Wow he's just grown so much, nobody can believe it.

Thursday, we went to the library. They have a summer reading program for the kids and this year they started one for the adults too. I got a call on Monday that I had been chosen to pick a prize! So I was pretty excited. I ended up getting a coupon for a sewing shop for $5 off an alteration or to get a pair of pants hemmed for free. Hmmm, not something I really need. Anybody here in town need it? If so, let me know. I'm serious, I don't want to waste it, but I really don't need it at all.

Friday, another cousin from Iowa was in town so we met him, his wife and kids at a playground and had a ton of fun! It was so good to just be able to talk and play and have fun. We got home just in time to go to dinner with the rest of the family. We didn't get home till almost 11pm. We all slept till 9am! This is highly unusual for my little wake with the sun kiddos.





Today, Saturday, I took Alison to a tea party at the library. They got a grant to focus on teaching history so their first activity was a Victorian Tea Party. The tea was served by members of the Victorian Ladies Society and one member gave a short etiquette lesson. Another explained the clothes that were worn and the rules about wearing them (like teachers had to wear 13 petticoats!). Another explained the formalities of victorian living and calling cards. There were also 2 members from the YarnSpinners Story Telling group. They recited a story from Little House on the Prarie and an Aesop fable. We also had tea, finger sandwiches, and other refreshments. The final activity was making a tea bag doll. I had never heard of that before so it was something interesting for us to do together.

We came home and rested up for a few hours and then had a birthday party to go to. Another cousin of mine here in town has a little girl who will be 2 this week. We had lots of fun there too.
Alison met another little girl named Allison. They had lots of fun playing and swinging on the big swing. I couldn't believe how high they were going!






I just can't tell you how many cute kids we have in our extended family. They are all so much fun to be around and you can tell that each of them is loved a ton. It makes me feel really fortunate to have such a great family for my kids to get to be a part of.

PS--

I forgot to ask if it was ok to post pics of you all, so if there are any pics that you want me to take down let me know. Jennifer

No comments: