Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy July 4th!

So I'm a day late, oh well. We had a really relaxing 4th of July. We were going to skip the fireworks, Ian only took one nap and was in bed by 8pm. Poor Alison was devastated. She went to bed, but was crying and saying couldn't daddy just stay home with Ian. So I tucked her in and talked to Dan about it. A few minutes later I decided to get her out of bed and run up to Whitehall for the fireworks. I didn't bring the camera, but we got a great spot right on the waterfront. It was so fun to cuddle up with her and talk and watch the fireworks. I'm so glad I did it. Little things like this mean so much to her. She thanked me over and over for making her day special. She even fell asleep on the way home.

The kids have a new game. It can be played with any object really and it's totally a game that every baby loves, but not every baby has somebody who will play it over and over and over. It's the drop the object game. But in this creative twist, Ian made it into the"How fast can I throw Daddy's water bottle after Alison sets in up for me" (Click the link for the video!) They had great fun (as you can tell)! A couple times Alison has made exasperated comments like "Ian, why do you make my life so difficult?" But she still keeps playing along. She's such a trooper.

No comments: