Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sleep Craziness

I guess Ian really is taking being a "big kid" to heart. The last three nights, I've cuddled with him awhile like we normally do, but then lay him down awake and he plays in his crib then falls asleep alone! It feels so weird to me. I've heard about kids like this, but never in my house. Alison was a horrible sleeper until she was about 2 years old. Ian has always cuddled to sleep. If I walked out before he was asleep, he'd cry until he was very upset. Alison would cry until she made herself sick. This is so different for me. It's kind of nice, but I'm afraid it's not going to last.

I don't think I updated after his 1 year check-up but he was 23 pounds and 30 inches long! So much bigger than our 6lb 14oz 20in baby we had a year ago. (the new pic was taken last week Weds on the scale at the hospital where he was born)


Alison's cucumber plant has some tiny cucumbers on it and tons more blooms. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them. She is so excited! She's been busy this week playing with the early birthday presents that she got at her party last weekend. She's been very creative. She's drawn pictures for all her thank you notes and now I have to help her write her messages.

Not much else is new around here this week. We are going to try to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow. It seems like each time we try to go, it rains.

No comments: