Thursday, August 30, 2007

Two Weeks!?!??!!

Oh my. It's been almost 2 weeks since I updated! Sorry. It's been busy around here. Let's see...

The Swingset

The guys have been hard at work on the swingset and have it about 3/4 of the way done. We now have swings! Alison has been out everyday swinging and Ian's been out almost every day. Alison is getting great at pumping. She loves to swing with her eyes closed. She says it makes her feel like she's going lots higher. Ian loves to swing too. He laughs out loud and pounds on his swing.


The Countdown Is On
Next Tuesday Alison is starting first grade! She is beyond excited! She keeps begging to start "TODAY momma!" But the public schools start September 4th so that's when we are too. I got a super deal a couple weeks ago on a brand new Hello Kitty back pack, I also got a book about weather and a couple other things. I've been working on lessons about weather after she goes to bed at night and only printing when I know she's completely asleep. I've got a folder full of activities, experiments, and ideas. We'll give her back pack full of treasures on her first day and take her first day of school pics and all that. She wants so badly to know what she's going to learn about first, but she also loves the excitement of not knowing. Today at the library, a few of the books I ordered came in so she's seen there is a book about wind, I'm sure she'll find the rainbow book soon too.



Ian Got His First Haircut Today!!!

Ian's crazy hair was just getting a little too crazy. So today when mom, Alison and I got our hair cut, I decided to get Ian's hair cut too. We went with a spikey cut since it already stands up. He wasn't so sure about the scissors by his head and he gave L. our hairstylist some crazy "What are you doing to me?!?" kind of looks. Mom tried to get some pictures, but Ian didn't stop moving the whole time. If L. moved, he moved. He looks so cute and even less like a baby and more like a little boy.

Ian before... ...during...






...and after...


1 comment:

Gregg, Mandi, Lucie, Griffin, Drew and Caleb said...

yea! for swingsets, we just got ours up after a year of waiting. Griffin has already made it up the slide and is determined to conquer the ladder too. Glad to see ya'll are having fun!

Good luck with school starting! How fun :)