Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Catching Up!


We had a great weekend. Lot's of new fun things happened.
Sunday at the cottage
We spent the afternoon at Dan's aunt and uncle's cottage on Twin Lake. Both the kids were a bit scared of the water and beach at first, but they both warmed up to the idea of water, mud and sand. Ian loved the mud!


Alison was brave enough to ride on the boat. It's probably never went so slow, but she had a great time. When she got off the boat she said, "Momma, that ride was sooo interesting. I got to see all the parts of Twin Lake. I learned about the whole lake."

Ian loved watching the boats and jet skis going by. He'd always stop to see what was happening and sometimes even waved.

Alison also liked being pushed around on a little tube. After awhile she let Beth push her out to the floating raft and she even got off and walked around on it. I was proud of her for trying new things and being so brave.






Monday Funday

Monday was not only Labor Day but my mom's birthday. My parents came over for the afternoon. Dad and Dan worked on the swing set.




Mom played with Ian and I made a birthday dinner. Not only did Ian walk around with mom holding his hands, which he usually protests doing. He got brave and let go with one hand. Then I told mom to stop, because I'm not ready for him to be walking all over yet. I know as soon as he masters walking, he's going to go straight for running, chasing, and tackling Alison. I'm so not ready for that, haha.

No comments: