Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

Why limit the celebration to one day?


On Saturday we went to see Nana for Mother's Day. We would have normally stopped after church on Sunday. But on Sunday, my brother John was in town so we went to my parents' house for the whole day.


Alison thought it was perfect. A weekend of parties! She was so excited to give me my present. Dan had taken her shopping earlier in the week and while she does a very good job at keeping secrets, it is soooo hard when you are 5. They got me an assortment of my favorite chocolate covered dried fruit. YUM! Plus they got a tiny box of white chocolate almond bark for Ian to give me. They are too sweet!


Alison had tons of fun with Uncle John. They took a scooter ride, took lots of walks and she asked him a million and one questions (there were probably more, but that's all I heard).
Here they are, Alison trying out Ian's Jeep and John trying out Alison's bike. There were a few close calls, but Alison is a good driver for being 5.
Don't think Ian got left out either. He got to sit in his new Jeep. He's still a little small for it, thankfully, it would be scary having a 9 month old drive. But, I know when he gets older he will love it!
We had a really nice time. John and I made dinner for mom, Aunt Rosalie came over too. It was a great day!

No comments: