Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Teeth week!

Well, this is the week for teeth at our house!

Ian has been chewing everything like a madman the past couple weeks. I started to feel a bump on his bottom gums. Saturday night there was a tiny corner of a tooth that scraped me when he was chewing my finger. Sunday that tooth popped out and there was a tiny little line of sharp tooth. Yay we have the 1ST tooth!!!

Monday, Alison and I had our cleaning appointments at the dentist. Alison was a big girl and sat in the chair by herself for the first time (she used to sit on my lap). She was a bit scared, but she did great. Our hygienist said that her bottom, middle two teeth are the tiniest bit loose and she will probably loose them in the next 6 months or so. Alison is excited and scared. She keeps asking lots of questions about the Tooth Fairy.

Then today I was talking to a friend about Ian getting his first tooth. Her little girl is only 5 months and she was wondering what a tooth looks like when it pops through. So I did the tricky act of trying to hold open his lip, while holding his tongue back a bit and I saw not one but two teeth poking out. Crazy!

So my opinion of the amber teething necklace is that it works. I did give him a few teething tablets or teething drops (2 maybe 3 times a day at most, when he was looking like his mouth was bothering him). That was it, no Tylenol or anything else. I can only hope and pray that the rest of his teeth come in this smoothly!

I'd love to post a pic of his teeth, but right now it's too hard to even catch a glimpse of them, let alone take a pic of them. I'm going to miss his toothless grin, it's just yet another reminder that he's growing up way too fast.

No comments: