Friday, June 1, 2007

Eek! It's been awhile!

Hello again! Sorry to have dropped off the face of the planet like that. Let's see what has happened since I last updated? We didn't do anything special over the weekend. Dan had Friday and Saturday off and worked Sunday and Monday. So for us, it was just another day.

Yesterday we went to Lewis Farm Market. We met 3 of Alison's friends and their moms and siblings (and the moms are my friends too). We packed a picnic lunch and stayed for about 4hrs. If you look at the petting farm pictures, there are a lot of new things. There are now 2 barns of animals. They also added onto the farm stand and now there is a huge covered picnic area and new bathrooms. It is really nice. They also added new play equipment for the kids.


I was proud of Alison. She is really skittish around the animals. Her friends were feeding them (pellet food that you can buy there) and I could tell that she was feeling left out, but not wanting to get quite that close to any of the critters. She asked for some food so I just got her the $0.25 handful out of the machine. She figured out that she could use the pulley system to feed the goats. She was so excited. It was great for her to be able to participate without actually having food licked off her hands by a goat. She fell in love with the pony too. She still wouldn't pet her but she loved seeing her. I think if we go back a few more times this summer, she might just get brave enough to touch the pony.


Ian seemed to like the farm. He didn't get scared when the donkeys and camels were making loud noises. He loved taking his nap outside in the fresh air.


The worst part, I forgot my camera. So next time we go I promise to share pictures.



Ian is now almost 21lbs. He was 20lb 15.6oz. He's working on his first tooth I think. He was miserable today. My dad was teasing me about the necklace not working. I'm still not sure, maybe he'd be even more miserable without it. Hard to know.
Here's a pic of Ian taking his nap earlier today. I'm such a bad blogger, I haven't taken his picture since last week!
Hopefully my next post won't be next week, hahahaha. Take care everybody!

1 comment:

Frogs Mom said...

I bet that you loved that nap in the crib even if it was only 5 minutes!

And about apologizing for not taking his picture in the last week - so funny thinking how things have changed. Lucas had more pictures taken of him in his first month than I did of my entire childhood.