Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This summer is flying by...

So it's already been almost a week since I updated. Wow time flies. So let's see, the low down is...

Ian was almost 22lbs last week. We won't be going back for 2 weeks, I've got another appointment tomorrow, next week is July 4th so group is cancelled so I won't weigh him again until the 11th. I can only guess at how huge he'll be then.

To celebrate the beginning of summer, we went shopping for some flowers for our front porch. Twin Lake Greenhouse had geraniums buy 1 get 2 free so I thought that Alison would like some for outside her window. When we got to the greenhouse, we found that they had lots of flowers on sale. She liked the geraniums, but in every area we went in she was drawn to the impatients. I really wanted a fuchsia hanging basket. We found out that the baskets were buy 1 get 1 free so we ended up with a fuchsia and an impatients basket. Alison found a pretty one with 3 different colors of flowers. We also got 3 little cucumber plants. We put those in a huge pot with a tomato cage.

We had a busy weekend and took Monday to stay home and relax.

Today we went to our friend's house again. She invited a bunch of people over. Nobody could make it at the same time or stay very long so it was a big open house of kids. It was super hot and humid so the kids played inside sometimes and outside at others. They've got a little wading pool and hoses. The kids had a blast.

I had a huge realization this weekend. I've got less than 6 weeks until Ian is 1 year old!!! For some reason it just didn't seem like it was this close, but it's sneaking up on me. Time to start party planning. Yikes!

No comments: